As I look out my window and see the snow melting away, I hear the news on TV making their newest predictions for the upcoming week. At first I found myself getting so excited until I heard the entire thing. The announcer said something like this: “Yes, it’s a little warmer today and even a little warmer tomorrow, but folks, don’t get too comfortable because we are in for yet another cold front and more snow! Our Doppler radar is showing the march east of our next batch of winter weather and it’s due here on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day! Yes, we have the distinct possibility of a white Christmas! Now let’s track this for the week (and his voice picks up speed). Monday, a bit warmer than today with highs around 40. Tuesday, highs approaching 40 again and clear skies. Wednesday the temps drop a few degrees but still clear. Thursday, the clouds begin to build and roll in and the high will be around 38. For Friday, more cloud cover is forecast, and dropping temperatures and a chance of snow that carries on into Saturday, Christmas day. Yes, we have the chance of a white Christmas! Chances for snow both days is……30%.” I am thinking, what’s wrong with this picture? Why even bother to get hopes up for a white Christmas with a 30% chance of snow? That’s a 70% of no snow! Which holds the greater weight? Shoot, my excited anticipation was for naught. Well, one thing I can do is drive out this evening and see if I can get some night shots of a few of the houses on my street. I’ve never tried night shots so I don’t know what will happen, but I’m going to try it. Cross your fingers for me. If it works, the next part of this entry will be the pictures. Now to sit and wait for the dark..…..
Darn the dark. I tried and tried. I even tried the video camera. Nothing. I know there’s a trick to taking pictures in the dark but I don’t know what they are. The darn snow was all slushy, too. I should have stayed in and looked for great night photos from Photobucket -- just kidding. You’d know those pictures weren’t mine right away because they’d be too good! So, here’s one without the snow and one with the slushy mess. Tomorrow I’m going to look for that camera manual and maybe it will tell me what to do.
Good thing I put up that little video about the Spirit of Christmas to remind myself, because this sure isn’t doing it for me. If one of you knows the trick to a setting for nighttime shots, please tell me.
I may not be around to be first to comment on your newest entries because I have a couple of things to get ready. There’s a dinner Tuesday night and then another on Wednesday night. The one on Wednesday is a big affair done by a couple down the street every year. It is super good fun and includes a cocktail party and then a huge dinner. Because there are so many people, everyone chips in and brings a dish or two and also adds to the wine to help out. The hostess is doing some big standing rib roasts, shrimp, and other things. The rest of us are doing vegetables, salads, and desserts. Can’t wait; they are the greatest couple. So, I’ll be in and out and run by as soon as I can to see what you’re up to. I really hate getting behind, don’t you? Now it’s 7:30 and time to round up some dinner and some snugglin’ time with Sam & Lucy. I’ll sign off with this photo of the 2 of them in their regular sleeping positions:
…and, yes, they really are asleep in that last photo.
This last photo has nothing to do with anything. It’s for Marge and she’ll know what it is. **waving to Marge**: